[SNMP4J] (no subject)

Daniel Bress dbress at tecore.com
Tue Feb 8 21:15:14 CET 2005

I am interested in developing a java based snmp agent using snmp4j.  I
am a little confused where to start.  I read on the news group that full
agent support has not been implemented in snmp4j yet.  Is this correct?

To make sure I understand how snmp agent development is supposed to work
can someone verify that these are the steps I would want to do

1)       define my agent mib

2)       run a mib-compiler to convert the mib into java class stubs

3)       implement my stubs to perform the appropriate
instrumentation/configuration based on what that lead node is supposed
to do.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks for your time.

Dan