[SNMP4J] How to do SET operations

Tobby Davasia tdkoll at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:32:25 CET 2005

Hello,
 I am new to SNMP and snmp4j, Could anyone tell me how to do set
operations, I tried understanding the code in SnmpRequest.java, but
could not find the part where the SET operations are done (it only has
GET operations and TRAPS mentioed in the code).
I tried executing the SnmpRequest
SnmpRequest -c public -v 1 -p SET udp:localhost/161 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0={s}SNMP4J"
but I get errorStatus=2, which is "No such name"
I want to create an API that does a few set operations on a
switchport, so wanted to know how the set operations are done.

Thanx in advance
Tobby