[SNMP4J] Receiving V3 Traps

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Jun 8 23:57:24 CEST 2005

Jason,

The User Based Security Model is not responsible for authorization.
It provides authentication and optionally privacy only. As a consequence,
all messages with a security level less or equal to the security level
of the
USM user you added to SNMP4J will be authenticated (i.e. accepted).

Authorization in your case, can be implemented very simple: Just drop
all messages with a security level less than authPriv.

Hope this helps.