[SNMP4J] SNMP4J - range

Marcin Kokoszka m.kokoszka at wp.pl
Wed Mar 30 16:36:19 CEST 2005

Hello,

I would like to ask why snmpget - application which is a part of SNMP4J works only in the same local area network where SNMP agent is installed, but when I running it from other lan trying to get informations from the same SNMP agent I have always "Operation Time Out" communicat.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I trying to get for example System Description using UDP protocol and default 161 port. It is possible that packets from my agent have limited range ??

Thanks for your attention

Martin

Imperium Rzymskie nie upadło!
Alternatywna historia Thomasa Harlana "Cień Araratu",
pierwsza część powieściowego cyklu "Klątwa Imperium"
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.ksiazki.wp.pl%2Fkatalog%2Fksiazki%2Fksiazka.html%3Fkw%3D1307&sid=347