[SNMP4J] SNMP doubts

Bala Subramaniam bala_j at rediffmail.com
Thu Mar 31 05:31:44 CEST 2005

  Hi,

  I saw many mails floating around on SNMP  in this mail group where proper responses are given to many doubts. I  am a newbie to SNMP as far as my understanding  Manager(client) and agent(server) . whever manager queries agent . the agent lookups MIB and retreives info . I got my system information that way. But i would want my application process to be monitored and raise alarm if application goes critical . Kindly suggest me how this task can be accompolished with SNMP.

Thanks,

Bala.J