[SNMP4J] Any plan for the handling of object names?

M Nishida nishida193 at oki.com
Tue Oct 11 04:36:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if SNMP4J had the capability to use object names or a
tool to translate between the textual and numerical format like the
snmptranslate tool in Net-SNMP.  I searched through the mailing list and
found the following.

>[SNMP4J] About SNMP4J
>Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
>Thu Feb 24 22:34:33 GMT 2005
>> 1. SNMP4J prints the traps in it numeric form. Is there a way to map the
>> numbers to some verbal representation of the objects? So that the object
>> name is displayed instead of the numeric value?
>Not at the moment...

Is there any plan for such capabilities to be added to SNMP4J in the
future?
I personallly prefer to handle the text form object names than the
numeric OIDs and found Net-SNMP's capability to switch back and forth
between textual and numerical format very useful.  It would be great if
SNMP4J can do something similar in the very near future.

Much Regards,
M Nishida