[SNMP4J] How could I run an agent that sends only traps?

Fedja Jeleskovic mrawd2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 23:00:53 CEST 2005

Is it possible to run an snmp4j-agent without ability to receive requests. Basically, it would be used only for the sending of traps (informs I guess too, but not a priority at the moment). The halved agent would have no use for the port 161 (it wouldn't try to lock on the port) and it would utilize only 162 when sending of a trap is needed.

Is there an easy way to configure snmp4j-agent to do this kind of work?

Thanks a lot!!

Fedja