[SNMP4J] How could I run an agent that sends only traps?

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Oct 25 00:51:53 CEST 2005

If you really want to send traps only, you would not need to use
SNMP4J-Agent at
all. However, in general it is not a good design to send traps only.
SNMP fits best
on trap-directed polling, which means that the management target (where
you send
the traps) should regularly poll the agent for its state anyway.