[SNMP4J] Controlling which local address to use

Gil Steiner gils at tsoft-tele.com
Wed Oct 26 10:40:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would like to use a different (pre-defined) IP address as a local address
when sending SNMP requests. In other words, I would like to bind the socket
to a given address instead of using the 'default' IP address.

I know that the 'bind' method supports such an option (by supplying an
address that is not null) but my question is how I can control this from
within SNMP4J. The bind method is not used directly from SNMP4J.

+gil