[SNMP4J] Agent 1.0 beta 1 problem

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Apr 21 19:37:08 CEST 2006

Hi Matthieu,

The beta release now supports SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB.
In order to be able to use SNMPv1/SNMPv2c communities
you need to configure the snmpCommunityTable as
required by RFC 2576.

To get the same behavior as before, you can remove
the registration of the SnmpCommunityMIB instance
at the CommandProcessor by overwriting the finishInit()
method in your TestAgent. The following line does
the registration:

     agent.setCoexistenceProvider(snmpCommunityMIB);

For example, calling

     agent.setCoexistenceProvider(null);

in

   protected void finishInit() {