[SNMP4J] Agent 1.0 beta 1 problem

Earle, Erik Erik.Earle at dig.com
Fri Apr 21 20:43:27 CEST 2006

There are no communities set up by default.

I've been able to get it to work with the below (but haven't figured out how
to use the source filtering yet)

    BaseAgent agent = ...;
    agent.init();

    Variable[] com2sec = new Variable[] {
        new OctetString("public"),              // community name
        new OctetString("public"),              // security name
        agent.getAgent().getContextEngineID(),  // duh
        new OctetString(),                      // context name
        new OctetString(),                      // transport tag
        new Integer32(StorageType.nonVolatile), // storage type
        new Integer32()                         // row status
    };

    SnmpCommunityMIB snmpCommunityMIB = agent.getSnmpCommunityMIB();

    MOTable table = snmpCommunityMIB.getSnmpCommunityEntry();
    MOTableRow row = table.createRow(new OID("1"), com2sec);
    if(row==null) {
        agent.mLog.error("could not create community entry table row");
    } else {
        agent.mLog.debug("community entry table row created");
        table.addRow(row);
    }