[SNMP4J] Integer32 State Value

Marchiano, Stephen Stephen.Marchiano at ca.com
Thu Aug 24 16:51:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

When using an SNMP agent such as Net-SNMP to get MIB values (using the
command "snmpget"), I noticed that some of the returned Integer32 values
include a label to identify the name of the state.  For example, the MIB
named "ifAdminStatus" (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7) will return an instance
value in this format:

IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)

However, running a similar command in SNMP4J will return only the
integer value, and not the name of the state.  So I was wondering
whether there is anyway to have the SNMP request return the name of the
state, if it exists, rather than the integer for the Integer32 syntax
type.  Any suggestions on how I might be able to do this would be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Stephen Marchiano

stephen.marchiano at ca.com