[SNMP4J] Integer32 State Value

raghu ram raghuramonlinehere at rediffmail.com
Mon Aug 28 08:19:12 CEST 2006

hi,  SNMP agents like MIB Browsers, Net-SNMP requires the MIB to be compiled.This means, the agent is aware of the mapping between the Integer and the mnemonic  association which is defined in MIB.Actually, the device would return an Integer value, as it is defined in the MIB. After receiving the SNMP PDU, the agents like Net-SNMP would map the Integer vlaue to the mnemonic ( UP/Down in this case). You have to check if similar mapping can be doing using Snmp4j also, but cannot expect the device to send the value.This is my understanding.ThanksRaghuram.Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:51:51 -0400  From: \"Marchiano, Stephen\"   Subject: [SNMP4J] Integer32 State Value  To:   Message-ID:   Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=\"us-ascii\"    Hi,    When using an SNMP agent such as Net-SNMP to get MIB values (using the  command \"snmpget\"), I noticed that some of the returned Integer32 values  include a label to identify the name of the state.  For example, the MIB  named \"ifAdminStatus\" (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7) will return an instance  value in this format:    IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)         However, running a similar command in SNMP4J will return only the  integer value, and not the name of the state.  So I was wondering  whether there is anyway to have the SNMP request return the name of the  state, if it exists, rather than the integer for the Integer32 syntax  type.  Any suggestions on how I might be able to do this would be  greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much!         Best regards,         Stephen Marchiano    stephen.marchiano at ca.com