[SNMP4J] creating agent for company software package

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon Jan 16 23:45:05 CET 2006

RTSen,

Juergen Schoenwaelder on snmp.org has already answered your questions
very well. I only have to add the following:

* You do not need to create your own MIB specification when the software
you want to manage can be manged through standard MIBs already available.

* AgenPro can help you generate code for SNMP4J-Agent from MIB specs
in order to instrument your application - but its not a requirement.

* JMX is currently not directly supported by SNMP4J-Agent, but it will
be supported in later 2006.