[SNMP4J] Persistancy of USM users across power ups

Kumar Ram-A21053 ramg at motorola.com
Tue Jul 11 16:43:54 CEST 2006

Hi All,
Could you please help me out, if anyone of you had tried to make the USM
user keys persistent across power-ups as a part of SNMP4J stack. Since
our system is designed to support large number of NE's(around one
million) which is taking lot of time to set up USM user keys for all the
NE's during power up.
This is impacting the performance a lot, If there is any alternate
procedure to make it more faster, Kindly let us know.

There is another issue while setting up the USM user keys, we are not
using any default algorithm to generate keys(auth & priv), as we do have
our own algorithm to generate privacy & auth keys in case of
AUTH_PRIVACY security model. All we want to know is if there is any
alternate method/procedure to add USM user keys without being called
these default internal algorithms into the stack. As we believe this is
also an performance overhead for us.

Thanks,
Ram Kumar