[SNMP4J] Extending MIBs

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Jun 8 01:04:56 CEST 2006

Hi Ron,

Class extension can be best modeled in SNMP by augmenting
tables. The augmenting table z the extends the base table y,
for example.

The different tables can be placed in different MIB modules,
but that is not necessary. It might be useful, if there is
one base table (like an abstract class) that is commonly used
at several extensions of the table in different MIB modules
each representing a variation of the base system.

Hope this helps.