[SNMP4J] Extracting correct value of Memory Utlization using SNMP

krishna kukunuri radhakrishna_57 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 19 08:14:52 CEST 2006

Hi ALL,
   Sure someone in our SNMP4j community can provide me a clue n drag  me out of this problem. To Extract the Memory Utilization value,I have  used the oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2 (hrSWRunPerfMem) ,then summing up  the individual instances values and dividing it by total available  memory .
  But with this approach I am occasionally getting value exceeding  100%(as I repeatedly poll a target machine(windows /  Linux device  for this value,as  part of our Strategy) .So I wanted to know the  reason for this unusual behaviour and any solution/better approach in  achieving this will be highly desired.
  Thanks in   advance for (any quick) response.

  Radhakrishna