[SNMP4J] Extracting correct value of Memory Utlization using SNMP

krishna kukunuri radhakrishna_57 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 22 10:38:49 CEST 2006

Hi ALL,
   Hope someone in the  SNMP4j community can provide me a clue
for this problem. To Extract the Memory Utilization value,I have
used the oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2 (hrSWRunPerfMem) ,then summing up
the individual instances values and dividing it by total available
memory .
  But with this approach I  occasionally get value exceeding
100%(as I repeatedly poll a target machine(windows /  Linux device  for
this value,as  part of our Strategy) .So I wanted to know the  reason for
this unusual behaviour and any solution/better approach in  achieving
this will be highly desired  as I am in urgent need.
  Thanks in   advance for (any quick) response.

  Radhakrishna