[SNMP4J] SNMPv3 problem

kenping liu kenpingliu at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 17 03:25:02 CEST 2006

Hi,
 I meet a problem in SNMPv3 with SNMP4J. My agent's SNMP setting is V3 and
 the security level is LEVEL_AUTH_PRIV.
 Case 1:
  Step1: Access the agent with a correct username and wrong authentication
  password; I could not get the correct response.
  Step2: Use the same org.snmp4j.Snmp instance of step1 to access the
  agent with the correct username and authentication password, but I also
   could not get the correct response.
   Case 2:
  Step1: Access the agent with a correct username and authentication
  password; I could get the correct response.
  Step2: Use the same org.snmp4j.Snmp instance of step1 to access the
   agent with the correct username and wrong authentication password,
   but I could get the correct response too.
   Can you tell me what the problem is?
  Thanks
Yours kenping.