[SNMP4J] How to load mib files in snmp4j

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sun Nov 12 10:41:44 CET 2006

Hi Shanmugam,

You cannot load MIB specifications with SNMP4J
and you should carefully ask yourself whether
you need to process MIB data at runtime!

In almost all cases, it is better (safer, faster,
more resource sparing) to use MIB specifications
at compile time, for example, by code generation.

AgenPro is such a MIB compiler for flexible code
generation.

For runtime SMI parsing, JASMI (part of my MIB
Designer), Mibble, SMI4J, and probably others
can be used.