[SNMP4J] Question regarding threads and MultiThread Dispathcer

Paris Apostolopoulos papo at antcor.com
Mon Nov 13 17:47:41 CET 2006

Hello to you all!

I have a question regarding the internals of SNMP4J I have to admit I am
  a bit lost. My scenario is the following!

I am building an SNMP manager and I want to Scan a network domain
192.168.1.XXX , so I want to issue for 255 IPs a SNMP command (a GET)
asynchronously and receive the responses.

My question is the follwing

Ι use the Same SNMP instance and I loop changing the target.Is that right?

Every send to a different IP I make internally creates a listening
thread for the response?

Or there is a single incoming connection point that waits for the responses?

When it comes the multithreaded dispatcher? If I create a pool of 10
threads it means that 10 threads will be reading and dispatching
requests from the listening port?

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards Paris