[SNMP4J] implementing auto-reconnection Agentx -> master-agent

Amit Dor-Shifer amitds at oversi.com
Sun Nov 19 13:46:32 CET 2006

Hello all.

an AgentX subagent of ours, derived from AgentXSubagent, communicates
with a master agent (NetSNMP). I'm running  TestSubagent against snmpd:
I launched snmpd, then the test program, successfully tested a query,
and then restarted the master agent. It seems that the test program
doesn't initiate a re-connection.

How would you recommend adding such a capability to the subagent? Is
this by-any-chance configurable? Or is there some code adding that needs
to be done? If so, what API should I look into?

Thanks,

Amit