[SNMP4J] Multiple SNMPv3 trap senders

Adam Brons abrons at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 25 14:13:28 CEST 2006

I'm currently developing a SNMP Manager of sorts.  Where people can
configure the manager to listen for SNMPv3 trap messages from several
sources.  Each of these sources will most likely be a separate workstation
and may have separate IT staff managing it.  I've read through the javadoc
for USM UsmUser and so forth and am wondering what what should be done if
two sources supplie the same username?  I'm assuming the UsmUserTable is
basically a hashmap or sorts so I have to have unique users names.  I've
toyed with the idea of using EngineID in combination with the username,
but I was wondering if there's something else I could use.

Another quesiton was how to require a certain level of authenticaiton and
privacy protocol? If I wanted to drop a SNMP trap because it has a lesser
authentiation protocol, would this be done via the
CommandResponder.processPDU() method?

I am providing links to mailing list archives which I found to be similar
in nature.
  http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/snmp4j/2005-July/000587.html
  http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/snmp4j/2005-June/000545.html

Thanks - in advance.