[SNMP4J] Multiple SNMPv3 trap senders

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Oct 27 01:23:00 CEST 2006

Hi Adam,

with SNMP4J you can use localized USM users and non localized
USM users. When using localized USM users, the user name is
bound to a specific engine ID and therefore it the user name
must not be globally unique.

Also note, that the trap sender is the authoritative entity.

For more information on these concepts, please refer to the
SNMPv3 RFCs.