[SNMP4J] novice help

Eugene Swank eswank at solectek.com
Mon Sep 11 19:10:34 CEST 2006

Frank,
I began by running the agent and then changing the value to 2(config). Everything seemed to work ok, but when I do a SNMP Walk I do not seem my custom MIB. When I shut down the agent and run it for a second time, it give me the following message Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at org.snmp4j.smi.OctetString.get(OctetString.java:177)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.mo.snmp.DateAndTime.makeCalendar(DateAndTime.java:13
7)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.mo.snmp4j.example.Snmp4jHeartbeatMib$Snmp4jAgentHBRe
fTime.setValue(Snmp4jHeartbeatMib.java:361)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.mo.MOScalar.load(MOScalar.java:305)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.io.MOServerPersistence.readData(MOServerPersistence.
java:128)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.io.MOServerPersistence.loadData(MOServerPersistence.
java:80)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.BaseAgent.loadConfig(BaseAgent.java:265)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.BaseAgent.loadConfig(BaseAgent.java:238)
        at org.snmp4j.agent.test.TestAgent.main(TestAgent.java:343)

When I ran the AgenPro program and imported the created java file into the code I got an error during the build (something to do with the a data type I think), the only way I could get the file to compile without any errors was by changing the data type of one of my objects from a Octet String to an Integer (I used the IFMIB as a reference). Did I mess something up by doing this? I used the java file that AgenPro generated, but it would only work if I changed this data type. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gene
  _____