[SNMP4J] Do I need a ProxyForwarder implementation?

Alan McSherry alan.mcsherry at corvil.com
Fri Apr 6 14:28:22 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a situation whereby two independent vendors are amalgamating
their products onto one hardware platform.

Each has it's own (non AgentX master/sub) SNMP agent.

I would like to run a proxy agent on the default SNMP port and run each
of the other agents on it's own port so that when an SNMP request
arrives at the standard port I can switch on the OID and forward the
request to the relevant SNMP agent.

It seems that this is a job for a ProxyForwarder?

Can anyone offer any pointers to examples of ProxyForwarder
implementations? (I've seen one in a previous months posting)

Does anyone know of an existing (commercial or otherwise) solution to
this dilemma? I'm about to check out AventNETSnmpUtilities but that's
the only option I've found so far.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Alan.