[SNMP4J] Notification Listener

Vinay_Kenchappa Vinay_Kenchappa at Satyam.com
Wed Jun 27 07:33:30 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

The baseAgent class has a method by name finishInit() which would be
called by Agent class. In the finishInit() method there is call to send
a coldStartNotification. How do I receive the cold start notification in
the snmp manager? Do I have to write a notification Listener to receive
a notification or can I receive it through the snmp4j trap listener?

protected void finishInit() {

    if (agentState < STATE_INIT_STARTED) {

      logger.fatal("Agent initialization finish is called before "+

                   "initialization, current state is "+agentState);

    }

    agent.setNotificationOriginator(notificationOriginator);

    agent.addMOServer(server);

    agent.setCoexistenceProvider(snmpCommunityMIB);

    agent.setVacm(vacmMIB);

    dispatcher.addCommandResponder(agent);

    agentState = STATE_INIT_FINISHED;

    sendColdStartNotification();

  }

  protected void sendColdStartNotification() {

    notificationOriginator.notify(new OctetString("public"),
SnmpConstants.coldStart,

                                  new VariableBinding[0]);

  }

-Regards