[SNMP4J] Receiving SNMP Traps and Notifications

Adam Brons abrons at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 19 14:50:43 CET 2007

I have a quick question.

I'm in the process of writing a SNMP Trap/Notification receiver.  I want
this receiver to be able to handle version 1, 2c, and 3 traps.  I plan to
use the CommandResponder interface to handle the PDU's as they come in.
What I'm wondering is how would one register a CommandResponder per
MessageProcessingModel aka version aka MP1, MP2, and MP3?  I've looked at
both addNotificationListener and addCommandResponder.  I've been told to
prefer addNotificationListener, but I'm not sure if I can register
multiple CommandResponders for the same TransportMapping.

Thanks - in advance

Adam Brons