[SNMP4J] Noobie: SNMP4J subagent communication to MS SNMP agent (Windows XP Pro)

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed May 30 21:00:49 CEST 2007

Hi Weldon,

The MS SNMP Agent does not support AgentX nor SNMPv3
(may this is different on Vista?) until WinXP/2003.

To run your Java SNMP4J-AgentX subagent under the
windows host agent, you will have to replace the
host agent by an agent that supports AgentX.

One of the available solutions for this is
AGENT++Win32 from http://www.agentpp.com. To replace
the windows agent, you will have to replace the files
in the "secured mode" (sorry, I do not know the exact
translation for it in English). More details you will
find in the README at
http://www.agentpp.com/readme_agent++win32.txt

Hope this helps.