[SNMP4J] Noobie: SNMP4J subagent communication to MS SNMP agent (Windows XP Pro)

Weldon A Smith Weldon_A_Smith at raytheon.com
Wed May 30 20:29:56 CEST 2007

I have the MS SNMP agent running on my PC development box, and am
developing a Java application that needs to utilize SNMP.

So far, I have not got past a problem establishing a subagent connection
with the installed XP/Pro agent.

My code, per the test example:

                            SubAgent subagent =
                                new SubAgent(new
TcpAddress(InetAddress.getByName(ComponentMonitor.config.getInetAddress()),

 ComponentMonitor.config.getPort()),
                                             new TcpAddress());
                            subagent.run();

My error message:

DEBUG [Thread-0] (?:?) - Socket for address '127.0.0.1/705' is closed,
opening it...
DEBUG [Thread-0] (?:?) - Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1/705
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information

Any observations appreciated. Sorry, I don't see how to search your
archive.