[SNMP4J] listening v1 traps

Murugan A S amurugan at TechMahindra.com
Thu Apr 10 07:09:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I used SnmpRequest.java to send traps as well as to listen for the
traps. It is working fine for v2 and v3. But for v1, it is showing
java.io.IOException(error message as follows) .

Apr 10, 2008 10:28:37 AM org.snmp4j.log.JavaLogAdapter log

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Unsupported PDU type: -89

I passed following parameter to listen for traps:

java SnmpRequest -Ol 0.0.0.0/168

I passed following parameter to send the traps:

java SnmpRequest -p TRAP -v 1  192.168.6.90/168

pls tell me what may be the reason for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Murugan

Disclaimer: