[SNMP4J] snmpwalk

snmp girl snmp.girl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:46:24 CEST 2008

Hi
I wrote my first program using the snmp4j and it works , it is a basic
program that used the snmpset aand snmpget (udp.get/udp.set)
now I want to use the snmpwalk , and I don't if there is a function to use
or I have to write a whole programm, because to access to the oid of the sql
server mib I should use the snmpwalk that I had already test it in the mode
console and it works.

this is my program:

import org.snmp4j.*;
import org.snmp4j.event.*;
import org.snmp4j.smi.*;
import org.snmp4j.transport.*;
import java.io.*;
import org.snmp4j.CommunityTarget;

public class Test
{
    public static void main(String[] args)throws IOException {
        // TODO code application logic here
        CommunityTarget target = new CommunityTarget();
        Address targetaddress = new UdpAddress("127.0.0.1/161");
        target.setAddress(targetaddress);
        target.setCommunity(new OctetString("public"));
        target.setTimeout (1000);
        target.setVersion(0);
        target.setRetries(1);

       PDU pdu = new PDU();
       pdu.setType(PDU.GET);
       pdu.add(new VariableBinding(new OID("1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0")));
       TransportMapping transport = new DefaultUdpTransportMapping();
       transport.listen();
       try
       {
           Snmp snmp = new Snmp(transport);
           ResponseEvent respEv = snmp.send(pdu, target);
           PDU response = respEv.getResponse();
           System.out.println(response);
       }
       catch (Exception e)