[SNMP4J] configure Agent with properties

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon Apr 21 19:06:29 CEST 2008

Hello Guenter,

The SampleAgentConfig.properties file is used to
configure the content of the agent's managed objects,
but not to configure what those objects are.

To add a managed object (table or scalar) to an
agent you will have to register a MOScalar or
DefaultMOTable instance as shown in TestAgent or
AgentConfigManager.

If you only want to provide static data, you can
use a simplified approach through the StaticMOGroup
as shown by the SnapshotAgent example which reads
object and object data information from a SNMP4J
or MIB Explorer snaphost file. This approach can
be used to provide an ad-hoc agent - a so called
simulation agent.

Hope this helps.