[SNMP4J] A question about getTable

Enrique J. Garcia Diaz egdiaz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:56:59 CEST 2008

Hello everybody!

I have tried to look for an answer first to previous messages but,
unfortunately I have not found anything that clarify me. So, I apologize if
this is not the best place to ask or if someone has asked before.

My problem is that I want to make a program that retrieve SNMP information.
In particular, I have some problems retrieving information in some tables,
in particular, TcpConnTable (RFC1213).

The problem is that if I use getTable method (in
org.snmp4j.util.TableUtils), I do not receive the data of the tables. The
reason is because some OIDs are something like this:
.1.3.6.1.2.1.6.13.1.1.127.0.0.1.27015.127.0.0.1.1093, where the last fields
are my IP address and the listened port (info that it is likely that I do
not know)

So, I am not able to retrieve TcpConnTable using SNMP4J. Anybody has any
suggestions? How can I get these variables?

I have tried to use GetNext and GetBulk methods but the problem is the same,
I do not know the exact name of the OID that I want to retrieve. I hope I
have expressed correctly the problem and everybody understand it.

Thanks in advanced,
Kike