[SNMP4J] Unsupported message processing model: 0

Ali Daher alidaher at gebecom.de
Tue Dec 16 12:52:00 CET 2008

Hi all,

I want to send a request, but I am getting the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.snmp4j.MessageException: Unsupported message
processing model: 0

      at org.snmp4j.MessageDispatcherImpl.sendPdu(Unknown Source)

      at org.snmp4j.Snmp.sendMessage(Unknown Source)

      at org.snmp4j.Snmp.send(Unknown Source)

      at org.snmp4j.Snmp.send(Unknown Source)

      at GET.main(GET.java:58)

even though I am setting the right version.

I have going around the documentation to see what I am missing, but I am not
finding anything wrong.

I need some help here whether I am missing something or I am doing something
wrong

Looking forward for your help

Here is my code

            Address targetAddress =
GenericAddress.parse("udp:192.168.178.14/161");

            CommunityTarget target = new CommunityTarget();

            target.setCommunity(new OctetString("public"));

            target.setAddress(targetAddress);

            target.setRetries(2);

            target.setTimeout(1500);

            System.out.println(SnmpConstants.version1);

            target.setVersion(SnmpConstants.version1);

            // creating PDU

            PDU pdu = new PDU();

            pdu.add(new VariableBinding(new OID(new int[]
{1,3,6,1,2,1,1,1})));

            pdu.add(new VariableBinding(new OID(new int[]
{1,3,6,1,2,1,1,2})));

      pdu.setType(PDU.GET);

      //    sending request

      ResponseListener listener = new ResponseListener() {

            public void onResponse(ResponseEvent event) {

                  //    Always cancel async request when response has been
received

                  //    otherwise a memory leak is created! Not canceling a
request

                  //    immediately can be useful when sending a request to
a broadcast

                  // address.

                  ((Snmp)event.getSource()).cancel(event.getRequest(),
this);

                  System.out.println("Received response PDU is:
"+event.getResponse());

            }

      };

      Snmp s= new Snmp();

      listener.onResponse( s.send(pdu, target));

}

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ali