[SNMP4J] agent simulator

Padala padala456 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 14:26:33 CET 2008

Hi all

  I want to develop  a snmp agent simulator. I know understanding on snmp. I would like to use snmp4j API for my simulator. I am thinking of   two approaches in my mind. and i am not sure which one suite me better or which one is more stable.

  1.If I get a free source MIB compiler I would prefer this approach, if not I would proceed to next one

  2.I want to use MIB equivalent xml file(that is read from a real agent) in my Simulator.

  ------Could any one suggest me  any MIB compiler that can generate java stub code to use with this SNMP4j API?

  ......... I do not know exactly whether I can use this xml file(Virtual MIB) with snmp4j API and develop agent simulator.Can any one suggest me  on how to approach if I want to use xml file as a MIB?

  Thank you in advance and It will be a great help for me.