[SNMP4J] An asynchronous SNMPv1 request

Vijay majagaonkar vijaymajagaonkar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:07:37 CEST 2008

hello ppl,
some body can tell me how An asynchronous SNMPv1 request works, i m
getting confused , as the doc say that when i used this thing it
returns me the void so how do i get response .
[code]

   // setting up target
   CommunityTarget target = new CommunityTarget();
   target.setCommunity(new OctetString("public"));
   target.setAddress(targetAddress);
   target.setRetries(2);
   target.setTimeout(1500);
   target.setVersion(SnmpConstants.version1);
   // creating PDU
   PDU pdu = new PDU();
   pdu.add(new VariableBinding(new OID(new int[] {1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0})));

   pdu.setType(PDU.GETNEXT);
   // sending request
   ResponseListener listener = new ResponseListener() {
     public void onResponse(ResponseEvent event) {
       // Always cancel async request when response has been received
       // otherwise a memory leak is created! Not canceling a request
       // immediately can be useful when sending a request to a broadcast
       // address.
       ((Snmp)event.getSource()).cancel(event.getRequest(), this);
       System.out.println("Received response PDU is: "+event.getResponse());
     }
   };
   snmp.sendPDU(pdu, target, null, listener);
[/code]
 here is the example from the doc in snmp4j some body plz tell me how
do i handell this thing,

Thanks
VM

--