[SNMP4J] getting responseing snmp4j

Shweta shweta_naik at persistent.co.in
Tue Jul 15 11:19:26 CEST 2008

HI all, I facing one problem tht getting response always null

I tried following code, when I print response that shows me null but if I
run this code & check in the runnig tool on my machin i.e in trap receiver I
able to seen mag

But I want to handle response programmatically but it showing me null

                        Address targetAddress = GenericAddress.parse("udp:"
+ "localhost"

                                                + "/162");

                        CommunityTarget target = new CommunityTarget();

                        target.setCommunity(new OctetString("public"));

                        target.setAddress(targetAddress);

                        target.setRetries(1);

                        target.setTimeout(2000);

                        target.setVersion(SnmpConstants.version1);

                        PDUv1 pdu1 = new PDUv1();

                        pdu1.setGenericTrap(PDUv1.COLDSTART);

                        pdu1.setSpecificTrap(Integer.parseInt(("0")));

                        pdu1.setEnterprise(new org.snmp4j.smi.OID());

                        //pdu1.setEnterprise(new OID(".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0"));

                        pdu1.setType(PDUv1.V1TRAP);

                        VariableBinding vb = new VariableBinding();

                        vb.setOid(new OID(".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0"));

                        vb.setVariable(new OctetString("This is just test
trap"));

                        pdu1.add(vb);

                        //pdu1.addOID(new VariableBinding(new
OID("1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0")));

                        try {

                                    //IpAddress sourceIp = new
IpAddress("10.77.200.82");

                                    IpAddress sourceIp = new
IpAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost());

                                    pdu1.setAgentAddress(sourceIp);

                                    //System.out.println("so PDU
is......."+pdu1);

                                    DefaultUdpTransportMapping
udpTransportMap = new DefaultUdpTransportMapping();

                                    udpTransportMap.listen();

                                    Snmp snmp = new Snmp(udpTransportMap);

                                    ResponseEvent response = snmp.send(pdu1,
target,udpTransportMap);

                                    System.out.println("SnmpNotificationTrap
: pdu1: " + pdu1);

                                    System.out.println("SnmpNotificationTrap
: response: " + response.getSource());

                                    snmp.close();

                        }

                        catch (Exception e) {