[SNMP4J] Incorrect OID returned after GETBULK request

Anton Boronnikov anton at tibbo.com
Tue Jun 3 12:48:48 CEST 2008

Thanks everybody!
I spend a while trying to translate reffered RFC to clear English and
understand it..
And I found that we can ask for a set of VariableBindings in GET-PDU!!!
Wow! I thought that I need GETBULK-PDU for this.. The word "bulk" made a
spoof with me...
By the way. Is the quantity of VariableBindings in single request limited
somehow? I recognized that I can not ask for 100 VB's.. But I succesfully
get 20..

One more thing. What a strange mathematics needed in GETBULK-PDU??? I can
not get the physical meaning of this mathematics.. Why it is so tangled
and complicated?? For what aims (use cases) it is usefull? May be somebody
can give me a link to example/tutorial about it?

Excuse me that I asked this kind of questions. I see that my understanding
of snmp is very poor. And this can tease members of this mailing list.
Sorry!

--
Yours respectfully, Anton Boronnikov