[SNMP4J] Incorrect OID returned after GETBULK request

Gibbons, Sean Sean.Gibbons at trueposition.com
Tue Jun 3 12:59:03 CEST 2008

The math behind the getbulk makes sense, but in my experience a lot of
places aren't very clear as to what it means.

A get bulk message is saying "For these first X OIDS, just run a basic
GetNext on them.  For the Y OIDS following that try to do a getnext N
times.  And if you can't do them all, or run out of space, just give me
what you can".  So your returned PDU will have a maximum of X+(Y*N)
oids.

I don't think there is a maximum number of OIDs that can be asked for,
but there are limits on how long the size (byte wise) of the message can
be.  IIRC, that's something that can be different amongst agents.