[SNMP4J] newbie question

Bopardikar, Prasad Prasad.Bopardikar at savvis.net
Mon Mar 10 23:39:32 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am a java developer and I am new to snmp. I was looking at the snmp4j
API and wrote a couple example programs that do org.snmp4j.Snmp.send()

I want to be able to do snmpwalk and snmpget.

Is the method org.snmp4j.Snmp.send() equivalent of snmpget and snmpwalk?

I am trying to replace some existing PERL programs that do
snmpwalk/snmpget with Java programs using snmp4j. I am trying to get a
good understanding of the snmp4j API before I can do my job.

Thanks

Prasad

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) thereto without retaining any copies.