[SNMP4J] Beginner's questions!

Ian Shaw ian.shaw at vega.de
Wed May 14 12:38:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have just started to look into SNMP, and more specifically snbp4j.

I would be grateful for thoughts on the following points:

 .. for the construction of a MIB - is an additional tool useful / essential / not necessary ? (I would imagine that our MIB will be relatively simple in terms of the number of objects to be managed)

 .. if deemed to be useful or essential - which tools can people recommend ? (is the AgenPro 2 mentioned on the web site the easiest option?)

 .. are there any books on the subject which add to the available web-based documentation ? Of particular interest would be books covering the design of an architecture which incorporates frameworks

    such as snmp4j ? (which classes typically need to be extended, etc)

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Ian Shaw

Ian Shaw
Consultant

VEGA IT GmbH
Europaplatz 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
Germany
Email   : Ian.Shaw at vega.de
Web     : www.vega-group.com

Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB No. 4096, Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Philip Cartmell, Susan Bygrave, John Lewis

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.  Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.