[SNMP4J] Apache MINA based transport for SNMP4J and some question about logging

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon May 26 23:33:46 CEST 2008

Hi Julien,

MINA seems to be easy to use, indeed.
I have planned a nio implementation of
the UDP transport mapping for SNMP4J 2.0
(Java SE 5 based).

The slf4j is not an option, because
(a) SNMP4J should not have any dependency
to a third party lib.
(b) slf4j does not implement all necessary
functions needed by SNMP4J-Agent.

I may put a link on the SNMP4J site to
your transport mapping implementation, when
you think it is ready for production usage.