[SNMP4J] TestAgent: Unknown security name

Jacques-Olivier Goussard jogoussard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:28:11 CET 2008

Hi
I'm new to SNMP & SNMP4J and I'm trying to connect using SNMP3 to the
TestAgent (I'd like to experiment with contexts, so V3 is my target).
I'm using AuthPriv with the settings configured for MD5DES user, and I get
I get 'Unknown security name' when trying to connect. Looking at snm4j debug
logs,
I found
DEBUG - RFC3414 ยง3.2.4 Unknown security name: 4d:44:35:44:45:53
( 4d:44:35:44:45:53 is the ascii-hex for MD5DES)
I didn't touch the code of TestAgent (except for bumping the logging level
and modifying
the engine ID using the commented out code).
My client is the WinAgent-MIBBrowser from Tandem system.
I tried with ireasoning mibbrowser too and got the same result.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
         /jog