[SNMP4J] Localized users and keys

John Marks jmarks at salo.com
Mon Nov 3 22:14:22 CET 2008

snmp.discoverAuthoritativeEngineID() returns null every time I call it. I
have no idea why. First it threw an exception with a -1402 error code. I got
around that by making sure there was a dummy v3 security model in the
SecurityModels singleton. According to the doc, snmp4j is supposed to do the
discovery automatically, but that just doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm also wondering if there's bug here that prevents snmp4j from recovering
after an attempt to establish a v4 session fails because of a bad password.