[SNMP4J] Localized users and keys

fock at agentpp.com fock at agentpp.com
Tue Nov 4 08:47:34 CET 2008

Hi,

Check with a sniffer what happens on the wire.
You can also use a TransportListener with SNMP4J.
The discovery works - of course. SNMPv4 is not
supported - is it yet specified anywhere ;-)?

The engine ID does not need to be discovered twice
of course. The application (user) has to decide whether
an engine ID has to be dropped because hardware
etc. changed. If the API would do that, security
would be dropped!