[SNMP4J] RE: Context-sensitive columnar value validation

Mike Nuss mike at terascala.com
Wed Oct 8 22:32:32 CEST 2008

Ack! adding line wraps...

I'm wondering how to validate columnar values.  For scalars, there's an
isValueOK method that I can override.  For columns it seems I'm stuck with
using an MOValueValidationListener.  But the validate method contains only
the value of the variable, and not enough context to know which row of the
table is being modified.  For example, I'd like to return an
INCONSISTENT_VALUE error if the user has tried to set a value that may be
valid in some cases, but is not consistent with the rest of the row.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike