[SNMP4J] RE: Context-sensitive columnar value validation

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Oct 8 23:07:12 CEST 2008

Hi Mike,

You several options for columns:

(1) Overwrite MOMutableColumn.validateSetRequest if you want
to verify a change with row context based on your column
implementation.
(2) Overwrite MOMutableRow2PC.prepare if you want to verify
a column change within the context of the row.
(3) Overwrite MOMutableRow2PC.prepareRow if you want to
verify a row change an atomic change on the row.
(..) Other approaches include using MOValueValidationListener
as noted by you already.

I would prefer either (2) or (3) for returning a
INCONSISTENT_VALUE error.