[SNMP4J] EngineId Format and Usage

Adam Brons ambrons at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:11:34 CEST 2008

I have two hopefully quick questions related to SNMPv3 and Engine ID's.

1. If I have created an SNMP received of TRAP events for SNMPv3, do I
need to know the engine ID and associate them when I add users to the
USM?

2. When provided an engine ID from a sending device (such as cisco
router) do I have to manipulate the format when adding it the USM?
For example if I wanted to add a UsmUser "bob" for an engine id
provided by a device that looked like this "8000000903000014C2EF87C0"
would I enter it as is or do I need to convert it to another format?

--
Adam Brons
ambrons at gmail.com