[SNMP4J] some SNMP4j issues...

Renato Araújo Ferreira renato at flexvision.com.br
Wed Sep 3 18:09:28 CEST 2008

Gene,

Multiple thread access many targets with SNMP4J, but only one target has a
wrong snmp port configured as 555555. Now I configured our database to
accept only values between 0~65535 to avoid this problem, but I'm worried
yet about any other system or communication error that could happen and
bring back these erros.

The ConcurrentModificationException and the bad timeout behaviour happen
when the IllegalArgumentException is thrown to only one target and only one
thread. And the ConcurrentModificationException, for example, happen at
final of process on thread "main", when all threads and instantes of snmp
were already closed. When I see the message 'Exception in thread "Timer-0"
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:555555', I think that
the "Timer-0" thread is dead without finish their job, what could leak some
resources.

Is there something that I can do to do a diagnose of this problema to prove
if It's happening or not? A specific profiler or debugger that runs under
linux console mode?

Renato A. Ferreira